Elvie, the bat girl.....er... angel

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fall is coming...

and so are new dolls. I nearly gave up this summer. Like other dollmakers I've spoken to, I've had my share of difficult customers in the past; but a regular customer ignoring my invoices for a custom order was the real deal-breaker. I feel bad for the doll and wonder if she knows she's been rejected. Well, she hasn't been rejected; her would-be buyer just chose to spend her $$ on other stuff (note to deadbeats: we do check your feedback and auctions you are currently bidding on). I've moved on, though. But I do believe in karma.

A sudden wind of inspiration pushed me back on track and I'm once again dreaming of dollies. While I'm on my soapbox, I'd like to say thank-you-beyond-imagination to the collectors of not just my dolls, but every folk artist's work who has respected his/her work and realized that a person, not a robot made it. To all the jerks who have tried and/or succeeded to devalue our work, my grandma is going to slap you in back of the head in the sweet hereafter :)

There; I'm stepping down. The Crow is back. And she's no longer taking custom orders ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could not have said it better myself. We all go through this and glad you are back on track with your wonderful dolls.
Bonnie