Elvie, the bat girl.....er... angel

Friday, October 5, 2007

took this guy home from work


I couldn't leave him in the parking lot--someone would run him over, pull him apart or eat him on a dare (lots of teenagers hang out in the plaza). So I took him inside and punched a box full of holes while my co-workers freaked out as he climbed up my apron. Needless to say he did not like the box; though he started eating it. I put him in my crazy trumpet flower vine and he gladly reached out for the leaves, turning to me as if to say "Dude, this is great," before he went on his merry way.

1 comment:

softinthehead said...

I love praying mantis' they are just awesome to look at. I would have done the same thing if I had been in your shoes. I have one that lives out on my deck, he likes my ferns.

I saw my first twig bug the other day, now that is a funny looking bug.

Thanks for sharing your bug, great picture! Pam