Elvie, the bat girl.....er... angel

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Man; I've been tagged big time....



First, Zinnie hit me with the name game, then the Whimsy Queen gave me the "nice matters" award which, in all honesty, I had to think about for a minute: was she telling me I should try to be nicer?? Sounded more reasonable to me, but nope, it means she thinks I'm a nice person. That's a nice compliment, though, cause all the Pfatties know Christy is one cool chick. Now who should I send this to....?

I'm not about to share my middle name cause it's blech as far as I'm concerned, so I will use Patterson instead.

P is for patience, as in I have none. Just kidding; I kinda do. I've worked retail for the past 7 years and I have to say I must be patient because I've come across some of the nastiest people and not one has walked out of the store bleeding.

A is for artist, which is what I've always wanted to be. Many thanks to Dad and Poppy and the rest of my German artist ancestors.

T is for tardy, as in I stink at deadlines. Just ask Sandy/Sam I Am. If you're still not convinced ask Dana, my thesis advisor--I'm lucky she hasn't strangled me.

T is for tangential because I walk the many-branched path in life and art. One idea or project always leads me to another, which stems off in yet another direction--I'm not one to come "full-circle".

E is for enlightenment, as in I love learning about everything, unless it's math-related.

R is for restless. Like quite a few other artists who played this game, I don't sleep very well, especially as of late. My dreams are so vivid (and often stupid) that when I wake up I feel as if I've been living two lives and have had no time to rest. Otherwise, I'm bust concocting new doll designs in my head

S is for self-righteous. So much in fact, that it can be a fault. I have a very low tolerance for ignorant, arrogant people. This might not be a good thing because in the end, I believe I'm a better person than the person who thinks they're better than everyone else.

O is for oiseau (it's not cheating, I should get bonus points for using French) as in my budgie, Charlie, who keeps me company while I work on my computer. He starts getting crabby if I ignore him for too long, like now, he's trying to yank his perch out of the wall (while he's sitting on it, of course).

N is for not giving up this time. I am going to continue making dolls and do everything I can to get my name out there without being discouraged by ebay and nasty, cuckoo people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your Bat Girl doll!! Just gorgeous!!! I love how you do the faces in your dolls. XOXO

Mica

Meg Wommack said...

Now, now....WHAT is your middle name?! Mine's SUE and I shared!!!